Complicated Simplicity

Where's the Feni?

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dusty Days

A cloudy day for the first time in 2 months. The dust fills the air, preventing the searing sunlight from illuminating this dry and dusty land. As I scope the surroundings from my window, the wind blowing in my face, I wonder what awaits me next.

A thali for lunch. Wet gravies mopped up with insanely oily yet utterly delicious puris. Back in the comfort of my own home, I did what the dark, dusty day warranted: sleep.

I wake up. The few minutes after I wake up are always the same: a state of subconscious between reality & the bubble I wished I lived in. A crisp, cold shower and life resumes its normalcy.

It's Eid. I make a visit. I take in the plush surroundings of my host. Rich, lush carpets, dazzling artwork and a fantastic wall mounted plasma tv. All this while letting the milky kheer tingle my taste buds and yet again being interrogated about my educational credentials by uncles .

The day plunges into darkness. Gwen Stefani's Cool keeps playing in my head. Donald Trump is yet again ripping some incompetent wannabes on TV. I fall back into my state of semiconscious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home