Complicated Simplicity

Where's the Feni?

Monday, April 24, 2006

Weep for Me

It's a ridiculously dusty outside. The flying sand ferociuosly attacks my nostrils & eyes. My heart feels empty, my life feels empty. I squint my eyes and cover my face with my hands, desperate to protect the only thing I feel I have left - my body.

I finally reach my office, a temporary abode from the harsh weather. The sandstorm outside calms down. I feel relaxed now. And not a moment to soon. Yet another millionaire comes in and haggles over the price of a lamp, a price that would be considered pocket change to even a lower-middle class person. I give in to his demands, just to get him out of my office and out of my face. A glass of ice cold water to soothe my nerves. The rest of the day drags along, uneventfully.

It starts to rain. The world is either weeping with me or for me (feels like the latter). The rain clears up all the clouds of dust in the air. The very same dust, now settles on my previously gleaming and new car. Disappointed and bitter, I drive home...only to get stuck in traffic. I sense the fury and rage building up within me again, yet I know I'm unable to do anything about it. The energy and spirit inside me had long been drained. All I could do was take a deep breath and suck it all in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home